Friday, January 28, 2011

Hell of a friday

Well, let me start at the begenning...
its 3:00 am, and I am waking up hoping to be at school early to study a bit.
No, nothing is ploughed, including my driveway/road
So, I begin the painfully slow exercise that is reversing my car all the way up the driveway then finally getting on to semi ploughed roads.
Then, I figure the highway should be clear, no its one lane.
Fuck
I get behind some really slow driver (like 40kph) and i rage, You can go atleast 80 or 90 on the roads, anyways, so it takes me a while to get to school.
I get to school, and the parking lot is not ploughed, just a path. With no parking spot I put my car in a place that it is least likely to get stuck, and slaughed by plough. infront of the emergency exit.
Fuck it, I had no where else to park
Get to school begin preflight
Turns out my instructor is stuck in his driveway, another delay.
Then get to plane, it is behind fucking 4 other planes.
Attempt to pull out: failed because of the snow/ice/slush bank infront of hangar
spend alot of time clearing infront of the hanger to pull out the planes so i can pull out my plane
finally get my plane out, started and to the apron for runup.
I get about halfway through the run up and my wings are iced up, back to the school, shutdown, get glycol
now, we are ready to go. It is 711, I was supposed to be wheels up at 6. I finally get up and do the flight.
I return to dispatch to find the cup of cappicuno that i made as soon as i had got to school had gone untouched.
Oh, saw a pair of asians pushing a plane on the apron, apparantly my instructor thought they had hit the snow bank, i personally didnt think they did, because that meant that they hit the snowbank and thought the plane was perfectly safe for flight. no, no pilot thinks like that. so i think that the safety guys over reacted, but i suppose that is their job.
Then had about an hour of instructor groundschool...
i have been up for 11 hours now, and have basically done about an hour of flight, and an hour of class with seemingly alot of preperation done. fuck it

No comments:

Post a Comment